Monday, January 24, 2011

9 degrees outside doesn't hold us back!

Although we had some inches of snow in the past couple of days, it really just created an insulating layer and with the bright sun, it was nice and toasty in the greenhouse.
We even sanitized flats for our seed starting.  We just brought in hot water from inside and I got pretend I was on the beach with my hands in warm water and the sun shining down upon us.

Steve's showing those seeds who's boss.

My stack of sanitized pots and flats.  To save on plastic, we wash all of our plasticware and reuse it until it works no longer, then it gets recycled.



And, my Amaryllis I got around Christmas time is finally blooming.  It's nice to have flowers around in the winter.




Philo was enjoying being outside off leash, although he didn't quite understand the concept of the greenhouse.  It's like he was outside, he could see the outside, but he just couldn't quite get there.  He pretty much spent the whole time sniffing around, plotting his escape.

Overall, it was a good snow day for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment