Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Our spinach harvest last week... on a bright and sunny day!

Even though it looked like this outside, the sun shone into the greenhouse and really heated it up.


Look at all the beautiful spinach.



It was warm enough in there, I couldn't resist temptation to take my shoes off and stick them in the dirt.  Now don't get me wrong, this didn't last long, the soil was still cold.

Since it was so warm, I had to have some ice cream too.  I figured I might as well take full advantage!


Steve didn't really want to take a break from working to eat ice cream, but I think he enjoyed it anyway.



We're also gearing up to heat our seed starting greenhouse.  Our goal this year is to have flowers by Mother's Day, which requires starting things a little earlier than usual and our basement seed starting area isn't big enough to hold everything we are trying this spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment