Monday, August 30, 2010

Anyone up for dancing?


Just received this from my friend that instructs my dance class. It's an all adult class, so it's tons of fun, and you get exercise at the same time... Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?


Hello!

I hope you all enjoyed your summer break! I can't wait to catch up with you all! I am emailing some new dancers as well so I am putting all kinds of information in this email!


I will start off my introducing myself. My name is Katie Irwin-Henry. I began Irish Step dancing when I was five years old. I competed for fifteen years. I went to the world championships held in Ireland seven times, placed fifth in the mid-west championships and eleventh in the nation. After competition I went to the show Lord of the Dance and danced all over the world professionally. I moved to Chicago when I was twenty one to dance professionally with Trinity Dance Company. In January 2010 I completed my certification to teach Irish step dance(T.C.R.G.). I have been teaching with Regan Academy for over a year now.


My class is a fun and vibrant way to workout and meet new people. It is a breeze to get the basics needed for Irish dance in the first class then have a new "jig" by the end of class! I am very excited for the new dance year! Last year we only danced in soft shoes. This year my goal is to have everyone dancing a hornpipe! Which is hard shoe only!! I still have some kinks to work out on class details but wanted everyone to be in the loop. My goal is to start classes the second week of October. Classes will still run the same amount which is $40 per month paid on the first of every month. We have class once a week for an hour. Please do not hesitate to contact me with further questions.


Slainte!

Katie Henry


No comments:

Post a Comment