Wednesday, February 17, 2010

winter harvest on feb. 10







Yesterday was a day of harvesting spinach and carrots, Gretel and I harvested 30 lbs. of carrots and 30 lbs. of spinach. That was a lot of fun for us, we have missed being able to play in the dirt for a while with these big snows we have been having here. I took us about a hour to harvest all that spinach, Gretel was moving like a well greased machine, I have never seen her so focused on the task at hand, hopefully that's what we will be like come summer time. The hardest part of the whole harvest was washing everything. We don't have a heated out building, so it make sticking your hands in cold water over, and over, quite awful. But, that's the trade off, sure it's fun playing in the dirt, planting, weeding(not really), adding compost (my personal favorite), tilling, but then it comes to the washing and well its not my favorite. It all works out, and I love it. Check out our stuff this week, we sold to the Greener Grocer and to Black Creek Bistro, both are great businesses and wonderful supporters of local food

No comments:

Post a Comment